Wednesday, September 5, 2012

River Itchen, Hampshire, UK


On September 5, 2012 I fished one of the finest trout streams in all of England, the River Itchen in Hampshire. It is a beautiful spring-fed chaulkstream: the stuff legends are made of.  It has large numbers of gorgeous brown trout and grayling. We used classic stalking techniques in which we spotted fish and then cast to them with dry flies and nymphs.  I don't think I'll ever be able to return to London without coming back again.  I've got to get back here.  This was the second time I've used David Martin as a guide; he is extremely good.







To make things official I took a urinal picture of the fancy toilets on the train from London Waterloo to Basingstoke. 






2 comments:

  1. I guess the grayling kind of looks like a whitefish. Fortunately for me, Ty wasn't there to catch the biggest fish at the last minute (like he did on the River Test).

    ReplyDelete